Release 2.19n
Address of this website

www.claygate.club

President — Mary Blundell

REMOVE: never
/cbc/eminence/

Your Committee

Chairman — Gavin Wilson 📧 gavin@claygate.club and mr.gavin.j.wilson@gmail.com

Treasurer — Rowena Austin 📧 rowena@claygate.club

Secretary — Fay D'Abo

Membership — Pauline Harris 📧 pauline@claygate.club

Refreshments  Julie Minards 📧 juliem@claygate.club

Refreshments  Vicky Bevan 📧 vicky@claygate.club

REMOVE: never
/cbc/committee/
The Director team

The Director team comprises:

  • Rowena Austin
  • Gavin Wilson
REMOVE: never
/cbc/directing/
The Scorer team

The Scoring Team comprises:

  • Carol Wildig (Team Leader)

  • Gavin Wilson

REMOVE: never
/cbc/scoring/

Claygatenow uses a wireless scoring system called BridgePal, which runs on smartphones and tablets.  The implementation team today consists of Gavin Wilson and Carol Wildig, but more volunteers are very welcome.  We will provide as much help and training as each North needs to enter the scores into the handset.

Further information about BridgePal can be found here.

24th February 2021
Committee Meeting by Zoom 24th February 2021
Minutes of the Meeting of the Claygate Bridge Club Committee held at 17.30 on the 24th of February 2021 on Zoom


Present:

  Chairman: Gavin Wilson (GW)
  Elected Committee Members: Yvette Barton (YB), Muriel Hodder (MH), Pauline Harris (PH), Vicky Bevan (VB), Kay Wilson (KW) and Julie Minards (JM)
  Co-opted Committee Members: none
  Other Club Members: none

1. Apologies for Absence

None.

2. Confirmation of the Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 19th February 2020

The minutes of the meeting of 19th February 2020 were agreed and signed by the Chairman.

3. To Report on the Actioning of Items from Previous Meetings

  • 19-4Ⓐ6 GW to ask the members again whether the Club should do Teams/Sims/Gender-separate contests. ⓓⓞⓝⓔ
  • 20-4Ⓐ1 KW to buy flowers. ⓓⓞⓝⓔ
  • 20-4Ⓐ2 GW to ask John McK if he would be honorary examiner for the 2020 accounts. ⓓⓞⓝⓔ
  • 20-4Ⓐ3 GW to put AGM announcement on website. ⓓⓞⓝⓔ
  • 20-4Ⓐ4 GW to request 1830 access to the Day Centre. ⓓⓞⓝⓔ
  • 20-4Ⓐ5 GW to ask for a volunteer Competitions Secretary at the AGM. ⓓⓞⓝⓔ
  • 20-4Ⓐ7 All committee members to arrive before 1900 on the evening of AGM. ⓓⓞⓝⓔ

 

4. Chairman's Report

GW reported that no sessions had been played at the club since 16th March 2020, because of the pandemic. The committee members spoke of their experience of online bridge. There was a general view that face-to-face bridge would not return to the Day Centre until June 2021 at the earliest.

5. Treasurer's Report

PH and MH presented the 2020 accounts. It was agreed we would defer taking any decisions about the timing and magnitude of 2021 subs.

  • 21-1Ⓐ1 PH to ask John McKimmie for his approval of the 2020 accounts.

6. Annual General Meeting

The committee agreed not to hold an AGM this year, because a full year will have elapsed before play returns.

7. Any Other Business

None.

8. Date of Next Meeting

No decision was taken, except to agree that the next meeting will not occur for at least a month. However there was a general feeling, after this first-ever committee meeting on Zoom, that it was a viable medium for the purpose.