Minutes of the Meeting of the Claygate Bridge Club Committee held at 14.00 on the 19th of February 2020 at Torrington Close
||Gavin Wilson (GW)
||Elected Committee Members:
||Yvette Barton (YB), Muriel Hodder (MH), Pauline Harris (PH)
||Co-opted Committee Members:
||Vicky Bevan (VB)
||Other Club Members:
1. Apologies for Absence
Kay Wilson (KW) and Julie Minards (JM)
2. Confirmation of the Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 26th November 2019
The minutes of the meeting of 26th November 2019 were agreed and signed by the Chairman.
3. To Report on the Actioning of Items from Previous Meetings
- 19-4Ⓐ1 KW & GW to buy 6x prosecci, 6x white, 6x red from Majestic. ⓓⓞⓝⓔ
- 19-4Ⓐ2 MH & YB to buy the party food. ⓓⓞⓝⓔ
- 19-4Ⓐ3 GW to seek permission of Day Centre manager for 1800 opening for party team. ⓓⓞⓝⓔ
- 19-4Ⓐ4 GW to announce Xmas Party on website. ⓓⓞⓝⓔ
- 19-4Ⓐ5 GW to circulate clipboard at next two sessions to gauge likely attendance. ⓓⓞⓝⓔ
- 19-4Ⓐ6 GW to ask the members again whether the Club should do Teams/Sims/Gender-separate contests. ⓞⓟⓔⓝ
4. Chairman's Report
GW reported that he felt numbers were slightly up, and that several strong players had recently joined the club. The handsets now behave reliably; their users less so.
5. Treasurer's Report
MH and PH presented the 2019 accounts. 31 members have still not paid their 2020 subs.
- 20-4Ⓐ6 PH to provide notes to the accounts.
6. Xmas Party Review
The committee unanimously thanked YB and MH for a very successful event. More sandwiches were bought this time. Maybe next time we could cut back on cheese — people prefer food that is easy to eat.
7. Annual General Meeting
The committee agreed to start the aGM at 1910 on 9th March, and offer a free session to all attendees.
- 20-4Ⓐ1 KW to buy flowers.
- 20-4Ⓐ2 GW to ask John McK if he would be honorary examiner for the 2020 accounts.
- 20-4Ⓐ3 GW to put AGM announcement on website.
- 20-4Ⓐ4 GW to request 1830 access to the Day Centre.
- 20-4Ⓐ5 GW to ask for a volunteer Competitions Secretary at the AGM.
- 20-4Ⓐ7 All committee members to arrive before 1900 on the evening of AGM.
8. Any Other Business
11. Date of Next Meeting
The committee agreed at the meeting that the next committee meeting would be held at 0930 hours on Wednesday 17th June 2020 at Torrington Close.