Minutes of the Meeting of the Claygate Bridge Club Committee held at 10.00 on the 25th February 2019 at Torrington Close
||Gavin Wilson (GW)
||Elected Committee Members:
||Yvette Barton (YB), Muriel Hodder (MH), Kay Wilson (KW), Pauline Harris (PH)
||Co-opted Committee Members:
||Other Club Members:
1. Apologies for Absence
2. Confirmation of the Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 21st November 2018
The minutes of the meeting of 21st November 2018 were agreed and signed by the Chairman.
3. To Report on the Actioning of Items from Previous Meetings
- 17-3Ⓐ1 GW to provide training to the scoring team. ⓓⓞⓝⓔ
- 18-4Ⓐ1 PH to redesign Member Renewal form to offer members electronic payment option. ⓓⓞⓝⓔ
4. Chairman's Report
The club is happily trundling along, despite the critical shortage of regular directors. The scoring handsets don't seem to be as reliable as hoped, and this is the biggest cause of bridge-related stress for the chairman. More on this in Minute #6.
The charity event run by Claygate Lawn Tennis Club generated some interest in our bridge club, resulting in the recruitment of at least one Mixed Double.
5. Treasurer's Report
The annual accounts have been produced and inspected by our honorary inspector. 36 members have not renewed, but this is thought to be largely down to publicity rather than fatalities.
- 19-1Ⓐ1 MH to provide list of members who have yet to renew.
- 19-1Ⓐ2 GW to publicise the renewal problem on the website.
6. Xmas Party Review
The event was again very well received. This year's party has been set for 16th December. Proposals for refreshment provision at that event:
- More Prosecco
- Less red wine
- More sandwiches
- No large blocks of cheese; members shouldn't need to cut anything on the night.
- No double-dippable dips (for hygiene reasons).
7. Electronic Scoring — Progress Report
Overall satisfaction with BridgePal continues to be positive, but some members still have problems with the tablets because they make contact with the screen using their nails rather than their fingerpads. Some members appear to be fiddling with the devices as they wait for the next round to be called — scorers called to resolve handset problems often report that other apps have been activated on the handset, or that North has tried to switch to the Elmbridge Free WiFi router.
Two more handsets have been purchased, in part to enable the club to handle more tables, and in part to create a pool of spare handsets ready to be used when a handset fails.
8. Preparing for the AGM
- 19-1Ⓐ3 GW to request access to the Day Centre for 1830 that evening.
- 19-1Ⓐ4 GW to compile list of who won what during the past year.
- 19-1Ⓐ5 KW to buy flowers.
- 19-1Ⓐ6 GW to put AGM agenda on website.
9. Any Other Business
10. Date of Next Meeting
The committee agreed that the next meeting should take place at 1000 on Monday 15th April 2019 at Torrington Close.