|Running a Sims Event
This document was last updated on 16th February 2015.
- The Committee decides on the general policy with particular regard to frequency of Sims events, and which events to participate in.
- The Committee decides the SIMS events in which it will participate, and notifies the dates of these chosen events Club's Webmaster and the Club's Diary Manager.
- The Club's Secretary notifies the event's organiser that the Club would like to take part.
- Any deal files and softcopy documents should be sent to the Club's Duplimater. It may be that one of these files specifies the expected contribution per member.
- The Secretary, or the Duplimater if he/she has received the information, notifies the Treasurer, Chairman and Director for that evening of the Table Money that should be paid by each member and visitor.
- The Club's Duplimater downloads the files to a suitable folder on his/her PC.
- The Duplimater then signs on to our Bridgewebs site and uploads the Bridge Movie file to the correct event on our site.
- The Duplimater uses the Duplimate machine to deal the boards.
- The Duplimater prints off a copy of the 'answer sheet' or 'commentary book' for each member likely to want one. (As at February 2015, around 25 copies are needed.)
- The Duplimater takes the boards and printed copies to the event.
- The Chairman or her/his delegate should let members know of the future event at preceding Monday evenings.
- The Club Webmaster should post a notice on the front page of the website notifying members of the events and the extra table money needed.
- The Webmaster should remove the notice about the event from the website.
- Club Chairman
- Club Committee
- Club Diary Manager
- Club Duplimater
- Club Secretary
- Club's Tournament Director for the Sims evening
- Club Webmaster
- Sims Organiser