Bridge is an extremely enjoyable game requiring courteous behaviour at all times. The EBU Laws of Duplicate Bridge contain rules on courtesy, etiquette and good behaviour at the table, to which their members are expected to comply. Cheltenham Bridge Club players should observe the following:
- Greet others in a friendly manner prior to the start and end of play
- Be a good “host” or “guest” at the table
- Make your convention card readily available and explain your system clearly, if asked
- Give credit when opponents make a good bid or play
- Enjoy the company as well as the game
- Do not criticise your partner or opponents in public
- Be polite and pay attention to what is going on at your table at all times
- Do not try to solve irregularities yourself
- Call the Director for any infringement of play, and let your opponents know your intention
- Refrain from annoying behaviour, embarrassing remarks or any other conduct which might interfere with the enjoyment of the game. This is specifically prohibited by Law 74A.
Please call the Director if you feel that the above code of conduct is not being observed.