|Election of Trustees
The trustees are made up of two ex-officio officers of the club, namely the Chairperson and the Treasurer and up to five additional members. The term of an independent trustee is three years. There are a maximum of two Independent Trustee positions open for nomination/election at the AGM on April 9th.
The Trustees are not involved in the day-to-day operation of the Club. These functions are delegated to the Management Committee by the Trustees
Specifically, the role of the Trustees is described in the Rules of Cheltenham Bridge Club under Schedule ‘B’
- Provide independent examination of the management of the Club
- Ensure good governance and best practices in the operation of the Club
- Approve mission, policy and strategy
- Conduct review of mission policy and strategy in conjunction with the Management Committee and Club members
- Review Risk and mitigation strategies (insurance, health and safety, maintenance etc.)
- Review finances and financial documents and approves annual budget
- Set appropriate delegated financial and non financial authorities
- Ensure due diligence had been performed regarding major decision making (capital expenditures, loans, sale of major assets)
- Provide convenor as required for Disciplinary panel
- Mediate any disputes that cannot be resolved by the Management Committee
- Ensure that all legal requirements have been met
- Ensure all Charity requirements have been met (reports, minutes etc.)
The Trustees will normally meet three or four times per year.
Incumbent Trustees: (Independent)
Chairperson: Alan Wearmouth
Secretary: Helen Bryant
In reviewing the skills and experience of the incumbent trustees, the following skills and experience would be welcome in nominees:
- Marketing and Communication
- Property maintenance
- Digital technology relating to bridge
- Knowledge of bridge training
If you would like to propose a nominee and they are willing to take on these responsibilities, please complete and submit the form below.
Could you also please forward a head and shoulders photo of your nominee to firstname.lastname@example.org.