Welcome to our site for those wishing to learn how to play bridge or improve their game as beginners/improvers.
Courses get booked up quickly, so please register your interest as soon as possible. If you would like to join us or just require more information, please contact Nicola Renshaw on email@example.com
Cheltenham Bridge Club has a staged process whereby you can start with Bridge Lessons, practise at our beginner's practice sessions and then move on and play the game at our ‘Gentle Bridge’ sessions. When you feel you are ready you can join in the club’s full programme of activities in the afternoons and evenings Monday to Saturday.
You can join any of the training and improvement sessions according to your level of ability/experience and a standby partner will be available, if needed.
All stages are run on a friendly and relaxed basis and will enable you to quickly make new friends and develop a bridge partnership of your own.
Learn Bridge in a Weekend
Cheltenham Bridge Club offers an intensive weekend course where you can learn the BASICS of bridge in a weekend. This FAST TRACK course is ideal for those who wish to learn the basics over a weekend and have family and friends who they can continue to play with. The weekend course costs £140 (2021 price) and includes all tuition and notes. The next weekend course is on 13th and 14th November 2021.
Two Year Course
We offer a two year course teaching bridge to absolute beginners.
In Year 1 you will learn the basics of bidding and card play techniques. In Year 2 you have an opportunity to consolidate all you have learnt in Year 1 as well as learn more bidding and play strategies to further enhance your playing and enjoyment of bridge. In both years, plenty of time is built into lessons to practice and consolidate.
Each year consists of:
- 24 lessons, each lesson lasting 2 hours.
- Lessons on Wednesdays, starting either at 10am or 7pm.
- Term begins on Wednesday 29th September 2021.
- All lessons are held in the dedicated teaching rooms at the bridge club.
- All lessons are by experienced bridge teachers.
- Lessons are taught in a relaxing and sociable environment.
- The fee for Term 1 is £140 including VAT.
If you play bridge but feel you would like to brush up your skills in both bidding and playing, bring your knowledge of bridge conventions up to date and become a more confident player, then you might be interested in our new Refreshers Course:
- 12 lessons, each lesson lasting 2 hours
- Lessons on a Thursday evening 7-9pm
- Term begins on Thursday 30 September 2021
- All lessons will be taught in our dedicated teaching room at the club, by experienced teachers
- Lessons taught in a relaxing and sociable environment
- The fee is £140 (incl VAT) for the term
Please click on Information Sheet for more info on course content.