|Guidelines for CBC BBO Sessions
- Our thanks to our own Cheltenham Director volunteers and to Sarah Amos for hosting and directing.
- Our thanks to our own Cheltenham Scoring volunteers for publishing the results and uploading them to the EBU for allocation of master points.
- The director of the day will make sensible decisions about the movement based on the number of entries.
- We will aim to play for around 2 hours - this is expected to be around 18 boards.
- Each round of 2 boards will last approximately 14 minutes, and a round will be called if all play has finished within this time.
- At the Director's discretion, rounds may be extended.
- Players can choose to play with a robot.
- Substitutes will be allowed either from the wider BBO community, or by selecting a robot. This will avoid a half-table or keep play going if a player drops out.
- Use of the UNDO button is allowed for mis-clicks only (not for change of mind!).
- Opponents are urged to be generous in agreeing to UNDO requests.
- If a player loses connection, and logs back in quickly, they will be reseated.
- Scoring will be by Matchpoints.
- Kibbitzers are allowed but no chatting to players.
- Master Points awarded, and events will qualify towards NGS rating.
- Payment of 4BB$ on BBO when registering.
- As above but,
- For less experienced players.
- We suggest that these sessions are most suited to those with an NGS grade of 7 or lower.
- We aim to play 14 to 16 boards, allowing 8 to 9 minutes per board.
- Substitutes will be used at the discretion of the Director.
- Kibitzers not allowed.