|Play at the Club
| The way we play at the Club will be different for a while. Initially, to reduce the risk of spreading Covid-19.
- We will seek to restrict the number of players (so for popular sessions, you may need to ‘book’ your seats in advance)
- Check the Calendar to find out whether you need to book your partnership seats. If you don't need to book, then you can just turn up.
- We will be cashless (so we would like you to pay by bank transfer)
- There will be some restrictions (so we would like you to follow the guidelines)
We ask for our member's patience and understanding whilst we restart face-to-face Bridge. These initial measures will be revised in the light of experience, and feedback from Members is encouraged. We will increase or decrease the number of club sessions in response to attendances, and try to maintain a balance between Club and Online sessions. We expect that Online sessions will continue for the foreseeable future.
If you are an 'Online Only' player, then you are welcome to convert to a Full membership, which will entitle you to play at the Club.
Click the "How to Pay" button opposite for a description of your personal club Member's Account, and how to pay into it. If you have read this, and are still having difficulty, please contact us for help.
- Cash is not accepted.
- Unless stated otherwise, club sessions will cost £3.50 per player per session.
- Pay by bank transfer into your personal Member's Account; it is suggested that you pay in a lump sum from which debits will be made after each Club or RealBridge session that you actually play in i.e. you won't be charged if you have to cancel.
- If you wish to pay for your partner, please contact us in advance.
- If you can't pay by bank transfer, then we will accept a cheque brought to the Club.
- You can view your balance at any time by logging in to the Members Only area, and checking the Payments tab, and you will be sent a monthly statement by email.
Guidelines for Playing at the Club
- Players attending events at the club are required to be double vaccinated.
- Players should not enter the Club if they have any Covid-19 symptons, feel unwell, are in quarantine, or have had a recent positive Covid-19 test.
- We ask that you arrive between 10 and 30 minutes before each session starts, maintain social distancing, minimise movement and sit at a table as soon as possible.
- The wearing of face masks indoors is not mandatory.
- Please use the QR codes to check in using your NHS Covid app on your smartphone. QR code signs will be at each table. If you can't register in this way, please inform the host.
- If players develop symptoms during or after attending the Club, please contact us. All players from that session will be notified and recommended to arrange a Covid-19 test.
- Please bear it in mind that windows will be open in the playing rooms to increase ventilation..
- Only the North players should handle the boards.
- Only the North players should handle the Bridgemates; show the scores to East for verbal acceptance, and then North should accept the score.
- Club bidding boxes will be available but you may bring your own (labelled) bidding box if you wish.
- The playing cards will be handled by several players during the session. Please be mindful of good hygiene, avoid touching your face, and wash or sanitise your hands often. There will be handwash available throughout the club.
- Refreshments will be available for purchase.
Booking Your Seats (if required)
Click the "Bookings" button opposite to find out how to book your seats for you and your partner.
If you have read this, and are still having difficulty, please contact us for help.
- For each session, only one player should book both seats for the partnership.
- To be fair to others who may wish to play, please only book if you and your partner are committed to attending.
- Again, please cancel your booking promptly if you can't play. To cancel, go through the booking process again but click 'Remove' instead.
- We ask that you do not book to play until you and your partner have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (unless you are medically exempt).
- If the session is fully booked, PLEASE BOOK ANYWAY; you will be on the 'waiting list' should there be a cancellation. Also, it will help us to guage the demand so that we can increase capacity if necessary.
- If you are on the waiting list, please check the Calendar session again on the day of the event in case you have been promoted to playing due to cancellations.
- Sessions will be opened up for booking on a weekly basis to avoid block booking.