- Open games will be governed by the ACBL Open Chart.
- Limited Games with a limit of 750 or less will be governed by the ACBL Basic Chart.
- The maximum 1 Life Master per pair game will be governed by the ACBL Open Chart.
- Conventions disallowed by the Open Chart must be approved by the Board of Directors before use. The requestor should submit to the Board a detailed description of the convention and one or more defenses. The Board may approve the use for all open games or only for a specified subset of open games.
- Appeals committees will be formed upon request of players, assuming the ruling is appealable.
Reservations for N/S:
- Reservations for N/S will be accepted if called-in
- Punch cards for 20 normal price games will be sold at full price. Payment must be made by check.
- Cell phones must be off or on vibrate. If announced before game, the first instance will be penalized ¼ board. If not announced, the first instance will be a warning to everybody playing and the next instance will be penalized – however if the phone is answered, the first instance will be penalized. Subsequent instances will be penalized one board. If there is an emergency, the player should make cell phone arrangements with the director
Zero Tolerance Policy:
- The BCA is a Zero Tolerance club. Ours is a club where everyone can fully expect to have a civil experience playing a great game. Inappropriate behavior by any player should be brought to the attention of the director immediately for possible sanctions. Click here to see full details of the BCA's Zero Tolerance policy.
- Players will have no more than 48 hours from the conclusion of a game to request a correction in the scoring of any board in that game. The procedure is for the player to e-mail the game director, the opponents for the board in question, and the Club Manager.
Bridge Center-Related Policies
- No pets will be allowed at the BCA with the exception of service animals.
- Advertising: Activities and lessons that are neither sponsored by the BCA nor Unit 207 nor held at the BCA cannot be advertised in any manner at the BCA. This excludes flyers for out of town tournaments which will continue to be stacked in the metal slots.
- Electronic Smoking Devices are banned from the BCA.
- Guns may not be brought into the BCA.
- Fragrance-Fee Policy:
Fragrances such as perfumes/colognes, tobacco smoke or other heavy scents/odors are not allowed at the BCA. Any player experiencing a problem with a scent at the club should call the game director. The game director will determine the source of the problem. If it is another player, the director will inform the player that they are in breach of this policy and put the player on notice that the problem must be remedied before they play at the club again, or, if the odor is egregious, require the player to leave immediately.
- Eating at Game: Lunch may be eaten during the game only after asking the opponents if they object (and honoring any objection).
- Video Surveillance: The BCA maintains video surveillance coverage of our playing areas and the parking lot. Requests to retrieve or view recordings should be directed to a Game Director or the Club Manager. The BCA will provide access to recorded videos to the best of our ability and will not attempt to interpret the videos.