Most players like to play a minimum of 24/27 boards each night and prefer to play 3 boards in each round.
They also like to finish between 10:30 and 10:45pm.
Some naturally feel disappointed if inordinate delays prevents them from achieving same.
The club has introduced a number of initatives to ensure that 24/27 boards are played each night.
1. A number of committee/club members commence work in the hall at 6:45pm to organise the games and thereby ensure that all games commence sharply at 7:30 sharp.
2. All three decks of cards must be dealt at the table before the game commences at 7:30pm
3. North has additional responsibilities and must ensure that no game is started after East/West have been called upon to move or the allocated time has expired. An electronic clock has been introduced to assist. Any board not played within the allocated time must be recorded as an average.
4. North/South must also ensure that the boards are passed backwards in good time.
5. Naturally all these changes are irrelevant if members do not attend in good time. Hence it is critical that in each partnership one of the players is seated by 7:15pm so that the final table configuration can be arranged by the Tournament Director. (Last minute changes to table arrangements often lead to the failure of the competition.)