|Click HERE for downloadable version.
The rules hereunder have been approved by the board of Castle Golf Club and have also been approved by Active Members of the Bridge Section.
Castle Golf Club – Bridge Section - Governing Rules
- These rules will come into effect at such time as they are approved by the Board of Directors of Castle Golf Club Limited and are approved at a general meeting of Active Members of the Bridge Section.
- Any amendments to these rules are subject to the approval mechanism described above.
- All adult members of Castle Golf Club are, ipso facto, members of the Bridge Section. Adult membership categories are: Seven Day, Six Day, Five Day, Honorary, Junior, Social and Pavilion.
- Spouses of current and deceased adult members of Castle Golf Club are eligible to participate in the activities of the Bridge Section.
- Adult members of Castle Golf Club who participate in the Bridge Section shall be described as Active Members of the Bridge Section.
- An Active Member is a person who has participated in at least five competitions in the bridge season immediately preceding the current season or who has participated in at least five competitions in the current season. The bridge season commences in September and concludes in April.
- Spouses of members who participate in the Bridge Section shall be known as Associate Members of the Bridge Section.
- The following privileges are confined to Active Members:
- May play in all in-house competitions organised by the Bridge Section.
- Voting at General Meetings of the Bridge Section.
- Eligibility for selection by the Committee to represent the Club in inter-club competitions.
- Eligibility for election to the Bridge Committee.
- Introduction of visitors to play as their partner in an in-house competition.
- Associate Members may play in all in-house competitions organised by the Bridge Section; are not eligible to represent the Club in inter-club competitions; may not introduce visitors.
- Any individual visitor may only be introduced once in any period of four weeks.
- The Bridge Section shall hold a General Meeting at least once annually.
- Notice of any such meeting shall be given at least two full weeks before the date of such meeting. Notice by way of verbal announcement at a regularly scheduled bridge night and on www.castlegc.ie. Such notice shall be deemed to be appropriate.
- The Bridge Committee shall consist of not more than nine Active Members, including three officers; President, Secretary and Treasurer and up to six non-officer Active Members. All committee members are subject to re-election annually. The President shall not be eligible for election to such office on more than two consecutive occasions. The Secretary and Treasurer shall not be eligible for election to such office on more than three consecutive occasions.
- One position on the Bridge Committee should be filled by a Pavilion member.
- The Bridge Committee will liaise with and agree details with the General Manager on matters relating to the scheduling of bridge events in the Club.
- The treasurer of the Bridge Committee shall ensure that accounts are maintained, reconciled and presented to a general meeting of the Bridge Section on an annual basis. Active members should then vote to adopt the accounts. Should such a vote be defeated the President will, without delay, inform the Chairman of Castle Golf Club Limited.
- The Bridge Committee is responsible for the promotion and running of bridge in the Club, including the scheduling of events, selection of teams, conditions of entry to normal and major competitions, management of finances and all other matters relating to the playing of the game of bridge. The decision of the Bridge Committee in any such matter shall be final.
- The Bridge Committee may recommend to Active Members at a General Meeting to affiliate to the Contract Bridge Association of Ireland. Decision on whether to affiliate shall be by simple majority.