Brevard Duplicate Bridge Board of Directors
Andy Stratton, Chairman
Linda Burrell, Treasurer
and Pam Harpootlian, Director.
Have a suggestion for our board to consider? Please pass it along to one of these.
Brevard Duplicate is a small, friendly club formed in March 2015, now in our third year. Our club is located in Brevard, North Carolina--home of the white squirrel. Yes, you can sometimes see white squirrels in the parking lot. Generally we host 4 to 6 tables and 6 to 8 in the summer months. Brevard Duplicate holds its sessions in the French Broad Community Center at 281 E. French Broad Street. This center belongs to the City of Brevard. Parking at the Center is limited, so come early for the best spots. There are coffee and snacks at the games. Although small, the club welcomes all newcomers.
1. Log in to brevardbridge.com
2. Click on COMPETITIONS in the home-page menu.
3. A drop-down box appears below COMPETITIONS:
a. Thursday Individual
b. Thursday Pairs
c. Friday Individual
d. Friday Pairs
4. Click on the competition in the menu that you would like to view.
This will run as a quarterly competition and is just for FUN. There are no prizes, except your knowledge of how your game is improving from quarter to quarter. The competition starts afresh at the beginning of a new quarter. In addition, a January through September competition and a January through December comptetition will be posted when those calendar dates conclude.
Here are the parameters:
1) “Positions” are determined by averaging session scores earned during ACBL sanctioned games at our club over the calendar period of that competition.
2) Participation requirement: playing in at least four Thursday sessions to be eligible for the Individual
and Pair positions for that day and in at least four Friday sessions to become eligible for that day. (NOTE: PLAYING IN AT LEAST TWELVE SESSIONS BETWEEN
JANUARY AND THE LAST SESSION IN SEPTEMBER IS REQUIRED FOR A PLAYER/PAIR TO BE INCLUDED IN THE JANUARY THROUGH SEPTEMBER
COMPETITIONS AND PLAYING IN AT LEAST SIXTEEN SESSIONS BETWEEN JANUARY AND THE LAST SESSION IN DECEMEBER IS REQUIRED FOR A
PLAYER/PAIR TO BE INCLUDED IN THE JANUARY THROUGH DECEMBER COMPETITIONS.)
Positions and Averages WILL NOT BE SHOWN until a total of four sessions have been played during each calendar quarter. (January through September
and January through December Positions and Averages will be posted at the conclusion of those calendar periods.)
When a COMPETITION page opens, four tabs are seen:
1) “Competition” shows the current position of eligible individuals and pairs.
2) “Players” shows the names of everyone having played in at least ONE session of a competition during the current quarter/three quarters/year.
3) “Events” shows the calendar dates of sessions held for that competition and the score and position of each individual who played (shown with partner’s name) in
that session. Click on a date to open information about any session.
4) “Non-qualifiers” shows the names of those “insufficient” to be given a position. That simply means they have not played in the minimum required sessions
during the current period for that competition. These “held” scores will automatically be included in average and position calculations once an
individual or pair meets the participation requirement for that competition.
DON’T GET OVERLY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS. JUST HAVE FUN WITH IT.