The ever popular Summer Party will be held on Friday 19 July 2019 after morning Bridge.
Although hosting is discontinued on Wednesday evenings, you can email Ken Butcher if you are looking for a partner. email@example.com
For competition rules click on the Competitions tab above.
Wednesday start at 7.25 p.m.
Please be seated by 7.15 p.m.
Friday start at 9.45 a.m.
Please be seated by 9.35 a.m.
Either email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Peter Garvin at:
Tel: 07794 601239
If you believe there is an error in the scores please notify the Director before the session finishes.
10 things to know about Bidding Boxes
1. Law or regulation?
2. When is a call considered to be made?
The test to change is:
3. How will the director decide whether you changed your mind or not?
4. Suppose my bid is in the air and has not touched the table?
5. Don't let your fingers do the thinking?
6. How should the bids be arranged?
7. What about the alert card?
8. Stop Cards
9. So what if the player does not show his stop card when making a jump bid? Am I off the hook?
10. How long should the bidding cards remain on the table?
If an opponent puts them away prematurely, you can ask him to display them, sigh heavily or both as you choose!