This page contains details on the club competititions and the rules.
Annual Pairs Ladder (PL)
- The PL will run from 1st January to 31st December each year.
- All normal Duplicate sessions will be included in the PL, but the following shall be excluded :
- Newcomer evenings
- Teams events
- Party sessions
- Sessions where there are fewer than 6 full tables.
- Pairs are required to play on at least 20 occasions together during the year, and the average of all eligible percentage scores shall count.
- We will observe the following rules for any pair withdrawing from any session before completing their scheduled number of hands. [When there is a scheduled sit-out, the pair sitting out the last round may of course leave after the penultimate round].
- Actual scores achieved for less than the scheduled number of hands will NOT be included in the PL.
- A pair with an actual score at time of withdrawal higher than their PL average coming in to the session shall have their adjusted score (adjusted according to EBU rules for the hands not played) :
- included in the PL if it has the effect of raising their PL average
- excluded from the PL if it has the effect of lowering their PL average
- A pair with an actual score at time of withdrawal lower than their PL average coming in to the session shall have their adjusted score (adjusted according to EBU rules for the hands not played) included in the PL. In exceptional circumstances, the committee may decide to ignore rule 3, and exclude such a score from the PL.