|Arrangements for the return to face-to-face bridge
- Face to face sessions are now open to visitors as well as full members.
- We would ask that everyone entering the Barn Hall reads and agrees to abide by the notices regarding COVID symptoms and also informs BABC should they test positive for COVID after attending a session
- We will require any player to leave a session if, in the view of the Director and Committee representative, there are any health issue concerns
- We cannot insist that masks are worn at all times. However, we would reiterate the EBU advice that the government "expects and recommends" that people wear face coverings in crowded areas. We would go further and would encourage the wearing of masks whilst at the tables.
- We expect all players to have been double vaccinated and, if eligible, to have received a booster jab.
- MORE IMPORTANTLY, players should have taken a lateral flow test, receiving a negative result, taken earlier each Thursday they attend.
- On entering the hall you should collect a bidding box from crates provided by the door. This should be retained throughout the session taking it with you if moving tables. It should be returned to a crate at the end of a session
- Only North should operate the Bridgemate. East should be shown and asked to agree with the entry but must not touch the Bridgemate. North should return the Bridgemate to the stage at the end of the session
- North should inform the table at the end of the session of their final score and position. Results will not be displayed on the screen by the stage to prevent crowding
- Hand sanitiser will be made available at each table and should be used when entering the Hall
- Table money will be increased to £2.50 per session, £3 for visitors. This amount is similar to online costs and will help to allay some of the additional expenses being incurred combined with offsetting some of the impact from having lower table numbers
- No change will be provided - Each table will be responsible for collecting £10 in a plastic money bag which will then be collected and stored by the Committee. (Partners might wish to each pay £5 on alternate sessions thereby removing need for coins)
- Slips will be provided for those members who do not wish to pay using physical money and who agree to transfer a payment using a bank online payment after each session.
- Face coverings must be worn when collecting tea items. To minimise numbers queuing only one person per couple should collect tea.
- The Barn Hall will be ventilated as much as is possible so therefore in colder weather please wear adequate warm clothing.
- Members should avoid congregating in cramped areas, eg toilets, and should remain seatedat a table after entering the hall.
BABC Committee August 2021, updated November 2021