Information about Trophy Competitions
Tuesday and Thursday Trophies
There are separate Trophies for Tuesday and Thursday players. The competitions are organised as follows :
• 10 Trophy evenings are held on the first Tuesday and Thursday sessions of each month from October to July.
• Any two members may compete as a pair, no substitute players being allowed.
• Results from these evenings are presented as percentages as usual.
• Each pair’s best five percentages out of the ten possible sessions constitute their score in the competition.
• Winners are identified at the end of July. The Trophies are presented at the AGM.
• Members can track their progress on the Club Web-Site by looking in the results menu for the relevant competition.
The Handicap competition night is held twice a year as detailed below.
• The competition is held on the second Tuesday in March and the second Thursday in September.
• The results are presented as percentages as usual.
• The competition is based on a handicap being applied to the result obtained on the competition evening.
• The Scorebridge software is used to determine the handicap based on scores recorded by the players over a six month period. For the Tuesday handicap, this is the period Sept-Feb. For the Thursday handicap, it is the period March-Aug.
• Visitors may play on competition nights but are not eligible to compete for the Trophy.
• When possible, the Trophy is presented at the Annual General Meeting.
Slammer of the Year
Small slams count as 1 point, Grand Slams count as 2 points. Slam points are totalled for all pairs over the period 1st October until end of July. The Slammers Trophy is awarded to the pair with the maximum Slam points.