The National Inter-Club Knock Out Competition (NICKO) is due to start again soon for 2022-2023. If you wish to represent B & CH BC by entering a team, please contact Steve Mattinson on 07788 577535 or at email@example.com The Centre again will pay the entry fees of £84.00 per team. The closing date for entries is 10th October, however, please leave enough time for the entry form to be submitted.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Entries are open to all clubs affiliated to the EBU, who may enter an unlimited number of teams, to be referred to as A, B, C etc. in no particular order of preference. Entries should be submitted by an authorised official of the club, who should be satisfied of the credentials of the players.
2. Players must: (a) be registered members of the club they are to represent continuously throughout the period commencing with the date three months before the published closing date for entries to the competition, and finishing with the last match which they play in the competition; and (b) play regularly at the club or for the club, or contribute to the club regularly in some other way (or have done so in previous years, yet be unable currently to do so through some personal circumstance, e.g. illness, work, childcare, etc.). “Registered member” means a member of the club who is at all relevant times included on the list of members of the club registered with the EBU for the purposes of the Universal Membership Scheme.
3. Clubs are required to ensure that their representatives meet these criteria and are thus eligible to represent them. If any complaints are received that any members of a team do not meet these criteria, the club will be required to explain why it believes the players to be eligible. If that explanation is not regarded as convincing, disqualification may follow.
4. At least four players must be nominated for each team when the entry form is submitted. EBU numbers must be provided for all players. If, exceptionally, that is not possible, then it is essential that their postcodes are provided instead to enable easy identification of players. Entry forms which are deficient in this respect may be returned for the missing information to be provided.
5. Extra players may be added, up to a maximum of six players per team, at any time during the competition provided that: (a) they satisfy the entry conditions (see 2 above); (b) they have not represented another team in the competition in the same season; (c) they are nominated to the EBU Competitions Department before they play.
6. For the purposes of Conditions 2(a) and 5(b), “the competition” includes the NICKO Plate. Please note that although no player may represent more than one team in the competition in any one season, players representing a club in the NICKO may represent a different club in the Garden Cities or any other inter-club event.
7. Please can entrants who wish to play online contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that those wishing to play online can be drawn against one another in the first few rounds (depending on number of online applicants). Note that the competition will default to face to face and we won't be able to guarantee online opposition after a couple of rounds.