These three 10 week terms follow on from the Beginners’ course. You will need a basic knowledge of Bridge to join. This will follow the syllabus of the English Bridge Union (EBU) Year 2 course (the ‘Green Book’).
Each lesson will last approximately 2 hours and consist of a presentation followed by playing cards in support of the topic outlined in the presentation.
By the end of the 30-week course you should understand the following:
- Several conventional bids which will help to communicate information about your hand to your partner.
- Improved methods of handling competitive bidding.
- More techniques for card play when declarer or in defence such as signalling and counting cards.
- When it is appropriate to ‘bend the rules’ using judgement.
- More techniques for assessing hand values.
The cost of the first term is £85 which includes the cost of the EBU ‘Green Book’ and a year’s full membership of the Bridge Club. The charge for each of term 2 is £60.
The third term will be run at a cost of £6 per session.
You will be eligible to play in any club session during the course of Year 2 and your tutor will guide you to the most appropriate sessions to start.
Click here to register interest for this course.