At the start of the first session you will become a Full Member of the club which will entitle you to receive club newsletters, attend the AGM, play bridge in the club's online Social lounge, attend any other learning sessions and play in a club session. This will be free for the first year (ending 30th Sept).
These three 10 session terms follow on from the Beginners’ course. You will need a basic knowledge of Bridge to join. This will follow the syllabus of the English Bridge Union (EBU) Year 2 course (the ‘Green Book’).
Each lesson will last approximately 2 hours and consist of a presentation followed by playing cards in support of the topic outlined in the presentation.
By the end of the 30 session course you should understand the following:
- Several conventional bids which will help to communicate information about your hand to your partner.
- Improved methods of handling competitive bidding.
- More techniques for card play when declarer or in defence such as signalling and counting cards.
- When it is appropriate to ‘bend the rules’ using judgement.
- More techniques for assessing hand values.
The cost of the first term is £90 which includes the cost of the EBU ‘Green Book’ and a year’s full membership of the Bridge Club (from start of the course until 30th Sept the following year). The charge for term 2 & 3 is £60 each.
You will be eligible to play in any club session during the course and your tutor will guide you to the most appropriate sessions to start.
Click here to register interest for this course.