The club now organises regular wekly sessions on Real Bridge. Click on the Links section under Real Bridge for the play link to the Tuesday session.
Please check your audio & video before joining a session. You can test it by visiting RealBridge - Camera Test
iPad IOS Update
Real Bridge report that IOS 15.6.1 works well with the website and should not require any workarounds. Please upgrade your device if possible.
IOS 16 is due to be released soon and Real Bridge are evaluating a beta version.
See iPads running IOS 15 for details on how to setup an iPad running IOS 15 earlier than 15.6.1. It gives settings to help with being disconnected when arriving at a table and also with Audio problems.
Echo problems when there is an iPad running IOS earlier than 15.6.1 at the table
If you use an iPad, and other people have started complaining about hearing an echo: the problem is probably caused by your iPad. There is a solution. The solution has to be applied to your iPad.
If you have recently started hearing an echo of your own voice: the problem is probably caused by somebody else’s iPad. If it happens all evening, it is probably your partner’s iPad. If it only happens at some tables, it is probably an opponent’s iPad. There is a solution. The solution has to be applied to the iPad.
- iPad 7th Generation or earlier
- iPad Pro 2nd Generation or earlier
- iPad Air 2nd Generation or earlier
- iPad Mini 4th Generation or earlier
If your iPad is newer than that, your iPad is not causing the echo problem.
If you don’t know which iPad model you have, look in Settings: “General” on the left, “About” on the right, “Model Name” on the right.
This may seem strange, but it does work.
You will need a headset that has a standard 3.5mm audio jack (or anything else that has one of these jacks). That is, the type of plug that has a single circular pin, with a few black stripes on it, like this:
It can be headphones, or earbuds, or a hands-free kit for a mobile phone, or a cable, or even just the plug without anything attached to it.
It doesn’t matter how many black stripes it has. It doesn’t matter how good it is. It doesn’t matter if it actually works or not. All it needs is the plug.
If you don’t have anything with this type of plug, you can buy a headset or cable with a 3.5mm plug very cheaply. If you can’t find one, email email@example.com and we will post one to you.
This is what you have to do:
- When you are going to play on RealBridge, go to the session as normal and sit at a table.
- Plug the headset (or other device) into the headphone socket on your iPad. The socket is on the short edge of the iPad, on the same side as the power button (that is, the opposite side to where the power cable goes in).
- Unplug the headset again. You don’t have to keep it plugged in.
- Use your iPad as normal.
- If you get disconnected, or if you click the “redial” button (the two curved arrows at the bottom), you will need to repeat this process.
This works because the physical action of plugging in and unplugging the audio jack resets the echo-cancellation on the iPad.