Albany Bridge Club - Reopening Saturday 13 June
Sessions will recommence on Saturday, June 13th 2020 (1 pm).
In order to reopen we must be compliant with government regulations and we must implement a Safety Plan. The committee has developed the attached safety plan for our club based on the government’s phase 3 guidelines. Please take a moment to read it.
We understand that you might find a few of the items inconvenient or annoying but they are considered necessary to ensure compliance. All the changes we are making will be reviewed on a regular basis and in light of the prevailing government requirements. There will be someone on hand at every session to help with the process and answer any questions you might have.
Important points about club sessions:
· The Tuesday session has been changed to 1 pm to avoid any issues relating to food preparation.
· Sessions will initially be limited to Monday 1pm (beginners group), Tuesday 1pm, Thursday 1pm and Saturday 1pm. Friday night is cancelled until further notice.
· Refreshments will not be provided in the short term - you will need to bring your own thermos/drinks and snacks.
· You will be required to sign in and wash/sanitise your hands before entering the playing area at every session. Please arrive at the club in plenty of time to complete the arrival tasks and to still be seated 10 minutes before the start of play. Bring your own pen.
· A bidding box will be assigned to you. Please use that one bidding box at every session.
Key safety points:
· DO NOT COME TO THE CLUB IF:
o You feel at all unwell or have any flu-like symptoms (e.g. fever, sore throat, coughing, shortness of breath, runny nose, headache, muscle or joint pain, nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting, loss of sense of smell, altered sense of taste, loss of appetite, fatigue).
o You have been in contact with anyone who has/had such an illness in the last two weeks.
o You have returned from overseas in the last two weeks or have had contact with a returned traveller.
· You will be asked to wash/sanitise your hands at the start each round. Tissues & sanitiser will be on every table.
· Coughing or sneezing is normal for perfectly healthy people but be mindful of others. If you need to cough or sneeze during the session do so into a tissue or your elbow then sanitise.
· Practice good physical distancing. Don't shake hands, hug or kiss (that’s right, no snogging on the premises).