May 10th, 2021
Following the WBF’s decision to stage the “2021” WNTC for the Bermuda Bowl, Venice Cup, D’Orsi Bowl and Wuhan Cup at the end of February/early March 2022, the ABF will organize a qualification for the Zone 8 representatives in the various categories.
At its meeting on 9th May, the ABF Executive Committee has confirmed the following:
- The Zone 8 Qualification for the next WBF WNTC will be held online on the RealBridge platform.
- The dates will be May 31 to June 13, 2021.
- No one will play from home, or other private settings. Participating NBOs will gather its teams in clusters at a local venue set up according to ABF specifications, so as to prevent any communications between players.
- Neutral observers, ratified by the ABF, will supervise play constantly at every location. No other persons will be allowed in the playing area. Observers will not act as TDs.
- TDs will operate within the platform itself, as well as in a separate TD “room” for consultations and polling.
- Kibitzing will be allowed, but with a time-delay of 30-45 minutes (depending on the no. of boards in the match) and any “running scores” will be subject to the same delay.
March 18th, 2021
- This event will be organised by the African Bridge Federation
- Our Chief of Operations and Chief Tournament Director is/will be : Waleed El Menyawi
- The selected Bridge platform is: RealBridge
- The dates will be from Saturday, May 29th till Sunday, June 13th
- One Team representing each NBO, and in each category (Open, Women, Mixed, Seniors), shall be admitted to play; therefore, we hope and expect each NBO to come up with four Teams
- As usual, should the World Bridge Teams Championships be held towards end of February beginning of March 2022, live, in Salsomaggiore, Italy, the first two teams in each category will represent Zone 8. Should the WBF decide to hold tthe World Championships on a Bridge Platform, the same will apply
- Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th => Open Pairs (3 or 4 sessions)
- From Monday, May 31st to Sunday, June 6th : Teams Competition => Open and Women
- From Monday, June 7th to Sunday, June 13th : Teams Competition => Mixed and Seniors
What is expected from players ?
Players will have to be present at the venue chosen by their NBO and will have to play on a PC/Laptop. Any other communication tool such as Mobile phones, Applewatches, I-Pads, etc will be strictly forbidden. Players have to understand that the ABF will use cameras of all sorts and will exercise its right to also share screens of their own PCs.
- One Team only: US$750
- Two teams: US$1200
- Three Teams: US$1450
- Four Teams: US$1600
Bank Name : Societe Generale
Bank Address : 20 Quai Du President Carnot, 92210 ST Cloud, France.
Account Name: African Bridge Federation
Euros Account #: 00037264682
IBAN: (Euros) : FR76 3000 3039 0000 0372 6468 243
US $ Account #: 00077290026
IBAN: ( US $ ): FR76 3000 3039 0000 0772 9002 620