If you are going to arrive later than 12 minutes before the start of the session,
0208 947 0147
so the director can include you in the numbers. Thank you!
in preparation for General Data Protection Regulation.
Please click here or see the Member's notice board for more details.
Please click here to view the Green Card for use on Tuesday and Friday mornings.
Login to Pianola
Wimbledon Bridge Club runs a comprehensive teaching programme for both new and experienced players.
Our Beginners Classes are made up of 4 Terms and there are 10 lessons in each Term. Lessons run once a week for 2 hours and combine theory with a practical play. The cost of a term of lessons is £160.
Beginner Terms 1 & 2 offer a basic introduction to the game for people who have never played Bridge before.
Next Step 3 & 4 are designed for those people who have played Bridge before and want to improve their skills. The lesson outline below should help you decide which Term would be most suitable but if you still need any help deciding please contact the club on 0208 947 0147 or email@example.com we will be more than happy to help.
Our Intermediate Classes are made up of 3 Terms and there are 10 lessons in each Term. Lessons run once a week for 2 hours and combine theory with a practical play. The cost of a term of lessons is £160.
Intermediate Term 1, 2 & 3 are designed for people who have completed the 4 terms of Beginner Classes and have previous experience playing bridge.
Next Step Term 4
Next Step Term 3
Intermediate Term 2
Beginners Term 2
7:30 – 9:30pm
Beginners Term 1
Next StepTerm 3
The lesson outline below should help you decide which Term would be most suitable but if you still need any help deciding please contact the club on 0208 947 0147 or firstname.lastname@example.org we will be more than happy to help.
1. Getting started with minibridge.
2. Playing with trumps
3. Introducing declarer play
4. Introducing defence
5. Playing lesson
6. Opening 1NT
7. Responses to 1NT
8. Playing lesson
9. One-of-a-suit openings and limit raises
10. Playing lesson
1. New suit responses and NT rebid
2. Opener's rebid with a weak hand
3. Opener's rebid with a strong hand
4. One-of-a-suit openings and NT rebids
5. Revise opening bids & rebids
6. Competition: 8 hands
7. Declarer play techniques
8. Declarer play in NT
9. Declarer play with trumps
10. Practice session: declarer play
1. Recap on bidding and play
2. Suit overcalls and responses
3. Take out doubles and responses
4. 1NT overcalls and responses
5. Practice session: competitive auctions
6. 4-4-4-1 hands
7. Stayman and responses
8. Defence – leads
9. Defence- techniques
10. Practice session: defence
1. 2NT openings and responses
2. 2C openings and responses
3. Slam bidding
4. Weak twos in 3 suits
5. 3 level openings
6. Defence against pre-empts and weak twos
7. Practice session: pre-empts and weak twos
8. Duplicate session on competitive bidding
9. Etiquette: dos and don’ts at the bridge table
10. End of course duplicate and graduation ceremony