* Bridge starts promptly at 7.15 p.m.
* Please put your mobile phone on 'silent', or on 'vibrate' if it is vital.
* A board can be re-dealt only the first time it is played.
* Do not make comments during the play.
* Call the TD if there is a problem.
* Please do not leave the table during a round eg. to get drinks.
AT THE START
* North enters names, pair numbers, and positions N/S or E/W on the back of the traveller.
EACH NEW ROUND
* Greet your opponents.
* North checks boards and pair numbers.
* Count your cards face down before sorting them.
* Be prepared to explain your bidding system if asked.
* Last round is still subject to 'timing' as members need to clear away at the end.
* If you are the Opening Lead, present your card face down and say 'any questions'.
* As Declarer, wait for LHO to play before calling a card from Dummy.
* As Dummy, do not touch a card to play until instructed by Declarer.
* When making a claim explain your intended action of play.
* At the end of play leave your tricks on the table until the result is agreed by each pair.
* North fills in the score, East checks it.
AFTER THE PLAY
* Keep your voice down. Do not delay the next round by having a lengthy discussion.
* Do not look at other players cards without asking their permission.
* Move to the next table when instructed by the TD.
* Thank your opponents at the end of the round.
* If other players are still at the next table when you arrive, stand a distance away so you cannot see or hear the results of that board.
* Please do not disturb the play by talking loudly.
* When bidding is complete, leave the bid cards on the table until the lead has been played.
* Alerting and announcing - see the EBU section on this web site.
END OF SESSION
* North gives the travellers to the TD.
* Clear away the boards, bidding boxes and cloth.