Click HERE to go to main Orchid Island Web Site
SEASONAL BRIDGE POLICIES
• Orchid Island Bridge is sanctioned by the American Contract Bridge League
(ACBL) Duplicate Bridge begins the first Monday in November and meets weekly through June 2016. Games begin promptly at 1:00 p.m.
• (November - May 2016 at the Beach Club) Participants must inform the Club that they plan to play on any given Monday, no later than 10:00 a.m. on the day of play.
• A sign up sheet will be available for the following Monday’s game, or sign up in the Golf Club Administration Office (388-9291).
• The playing fee is $7.00 per Member (and/or guest) charged to the Member’s account each Monday of play.
• Family or houseguests are permitted to attend the ACBL sanctioned games when space permits, subject to approval by the Bridge Committee.
•Each Member is permitted to invite a guest, residing outside the Orchid community, four (4) times per Duplicate Bridge Season.
Please note: A guest of an Orchid Duplicate Bridge Player may not play at Orchid, more than 4 times totally, regardless of who they play with. (i.e. guest may not play with Member "A" four times and then with Member "B" four times. A guest may only play four times per Duplicate Bridge Season.
However, we welcome only four (4) guests per game and we request that the guest be registered by 2:00 p.m. on the previous Friday with the Golf Club Receptionist.
• Should a Member need a partner for a game, every effort will be made to secure one. Advance notice is appreciated if you are in need of a partner.
SUMMER BRIDGE POLICIES
Summer Bridge runs from July 1 through October 31. Play begins promptly at 1:00 p.m. at the Golf Club. Summer Bridge is open to guests. A fee of $3.00 per Member (and/or guest) will be charged to the Member’s account each Monday of play. Sign up is required for Summer Bridge. Participants must inform the Club on any given Monday, no later than 10:00 a.m. on the day of play. A sign up sheet will be available for the following Monday’s game, or sign up in the Golf Club Administration Office (388-9291).
THURSDAY NIGHT "BRIDGE PAIRS" - (All "PAIRS" are Welcome!)
Thursday Night "Bridge Pairs" is an unsanctioned game played every Thursday beginning at 5:15 p.m. in the Golf Club Card Room Sign up at the Golf Club Administration Office (388-9291) by 10:00 a.m. the day of play. Space is limited. ** (Dinner service will be available at the Golf Club (optional) after play.