The next County Committee Meeting will be held,Wednesday 28 November 2018 at 7:00 pm in Nottingham Bridge Club.
Team Captains are invited to email match results to the appropriate League Secretary Jane Hall for Team of 8 results and
for Team of 4 results
Keith Rodgers (Chair), John Auld, Irene Auld, Chris Clark, Graham Brindley, Clare Batten, Ian Dovey, David Burgess, Joan Burgess, Tim Anderson, Gordon Fullerton.
1. Apologies for absence None
2. Chairmans statement KR welcomed CB and ID to the committee
3. Minutes of last meeting Agreed subject to minor typo changes
4. Matters arising GB advised that item 10 should refer to Midlands Working Group still discussing their terms of reference.
5. Correspondence None of importance
6. Treasurers report IA stated that county were losing about £900 pa so wanted to take some cost cutting initiatives. GB suggested raising P2P as part of solution. IA will consider for next meeting. IA
TA stressed that NCBA should remain positive rather than simply cost cutting . Meanwhile agreed to cease payment of Tollemache expenses. IA
7. Captains report LE reported recent county matches: v Derbyshire (8-12, 1-19 and 16-4) and v Gloucestershire (10-10, 0-20 and 0-20). Noted that Worcestershire had requested a date change for their match. LE
TA proposed an improvement in catering. After discussion agreed to canvas views on increasing cost to £4 per tea. LE
8. Secretaries reports: Teams of 8; noted departure of Boots leaving 21 teams. Agreed to restructure as 3 divisions. CC
Teams of 4; little to report but may start later in July to allow more entries. JB intends to serve one more year as secretary.
Events; GB reported that team Crook beat team Auld in final of county team of 4. Also Crook/Fulton won Journal Cup.
9. Green Point event: KR stated that this was in hand for July20/21. There was a proposal to cease pooling income from green point events with Derbys and Leics. Committee in favour provided dates rotated. KR to discuss with Amanda Sowter asap and email committee. KR
10. Committee responsibilities DB is resigning as secretary. Profound thanks from committee for his huge contribution. CB volunteered to take over. Sincere thanks from committee. Agreed that all to help CB reduce role eg with IA handling entries and GB/LE dealing boards. All
Other roles much as before. DB to send list to JA DB
EBU to be asked for list with numbers JA
11. AGM minutes to go on website DB
Wednesday nights-much discussion including need for inclusiveness for all standards and need for original thinking. Meanwhile a once a month proposal to be circulated. KR
County TD-TA willing to attend course but stated unwillingness to direct all events.
Constitution-sent to EBU
12. Next meeting Wed 27th August 2014 at 7pm.