Some updates from our Committee meeting earlier this week.
1. The Club has 61 members (with two awaiting registration) and we consider we are at full capacity.
2. We are purchasing bidding boxes and up to 4 tables and new playing cards.
3. Feedback from members suggests satisfaction with current management with a very good atmosphere prevailing
4. Careful consideration was given to implementing a handicapping system but while we are conscious that some people wish to improve at a greater pace than others believe it is not appropriate considering we are all Novice level.
5. There was mixed feedback on our Team Bridge night with some reporting it to be somewhat stressful. We concluded that this was largely due to their being exposed to it for the first time but that it added to members’ knowledge of the game.
6. The suggestion of the club being involved in the Simultaneous Pairs event on 3rd February didn’t receive overall backing and it was decided to defer to next year.
7. It was agreed that we would have a Charity Night on 7 April – no prizes on the night but the winners nominating the charities.
8. President’s Prize will take place on 12th May.
9. The Club is in a healthy financial position.
10. The club website will be www.naastrumps.ie. This is currently being registered and members will be notified when it goes live.
11. We will be interested in member feedback on the contents of the website and plan to issue a questionnaire to members regarding the website and the club itself.