We are looking for a place to hold our October 22 game. It may cost as much as $5.00/person. Please contact Mary Hatch with any comments/concerns.
Tillie Lewis and Nora Robinson have misplaced their dance cards. Please let them know if you have a game with either of them.
Washroom etiquette: please remove any deposit from toilet seats before you leave the cubicle as a courtesy to our fellow members.
Nora Robinson thanked everyone for the cake and birthday wishes last week.
This page has information and news of interest to the members. For a full list of forthcoming events, see "Calendar" on the menu and for a list of results see "Results".
Please be advised that the annual dues for the upcoming season will remain at $80. It would be most helpful to receive your payment by May 1st. Should you decide to resign your membership in the club, please advise the Membership Secretary, Gail Williams email@example.com your earliest convenience. We are fortunate to have a healthy waiting list of potential members who are eager to join us.
As your executive, we have a responsibility to ensure the Club continues to operate on a sound financial basis. Your annual dues pay a portion of the weekly rent at Leaside Gardens, the insurance, stationery, bridge supplies and mailing costs as well as other miscellaneous expenses relating to the operation of the Club. The weekly playing fee covers the balance of the rent and compensates our wonderful Director and his team. We are very fortunate to have Lee Daugherty as our Director and coach.
The minimum number of plays from the period June 1 to May 31 will remain at 10.
Should you feel unable to meet this commitment, you may request a Leave of Absence, for a period of up to two years, during which time you may play as a guest 5 times during the 12 month period noted above.
This has been a challenging year for all of us and I sincerely appreciate your participation and support over the past few months.
Wendy McLaughlin firstname.lastname@example.org
Please renew my membership in the Monday Duplicate Club for 2018-2019.
Enclosed is my cheque in the amount of $80 payable to THE MONDAY DUPLICATE CLUB
NAME_________________________________________ Tel # __________________________
Address_______________________________________________ Apt # ___________________
Postal Code ________________
E-mail address ______________________________________
I have verified my personal information on the Members Section of the Club’s website. Required corrections are circled above.
Mail to: Mary Hatch, 80 Rosedale Heights Drive, Toronto, M4T 1C5
MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF MONDAY DUPLICATE CLUB - June 12, 2017.
1. Mary Kent welcomed everyone to the 58th Annual Meeting of the Monday Duplicate Bridge Club.
2. MINUTES - Janet Macey moved that the minutes of the 2016 Annual Meeting be approved.
Seconded by Mary Britnell. Motion carried.
3. TREASURER'S REPORT - in Mary Hatch's absence Roz Stollery presented the Treasurer's Report. As of June 1, 2016, the opening balance was $13,359.54.Closing bank balance as of May 31, 2017 was $19,415.79. Therefore there isan operating gain of $6,056.25. Roslyn explained the deposits and expenses.
Roslyn moved that the Treasurer's Report be approved. Seconded by Kathy Crossgrove. Motion carried.
4. MEMBERSHIP SECRETARY REPORT - in Susan Behan's absence, Wendy McLaughlin read out the names of the new full time members.
5. POINTS SECRETARY - in Trish Rees' absence, the prize presentations were made by Marg Ann Lougheed and Roslyn Stollery.
MONDAY CLUB 50TH ANNIVERSARY TROPHY
1. Wendy Porritt & Tillie Lewis
2. Kathy Blend & Kathy Crossgrove
ALEENE McDADE TROPHY (FALL SERIES)
1. Janet Ainsley
2. Marg Tuer
MARGUERITE SOMERSAULT TROPHY (OPEN PAIRS)
1. Mary Greey & Mary Walker
2. Jean Hackett & Sarah Lafleur
BUNTY WILLIAMS TROPHY (CHAMPIONSHIP GAME)
1. Karin Cochran & Helen Richards
2. Joan Goldenberg & Trish Rees
KATE BUCKMAN TROPHY (LADIES PAIRS)
1. Judy Broadbent & Marg Tuer
2. Suzy Brenninkmeyer & Elinor McKergow
JEAN STEVENS TROPHY (WINTER SERIES)
1. Luci McEachern
2. Trish Rees
MARY BOSLEY TROPHY
1. Karin Cochran
2. Luci McEachern
MAURIE HOWARD TROPHY (SPRING SERIES)
1. Sarah Lafleur
2. Mary Britnell
BARBARA SEAGRAM TROPHY (OVERALL WINNERS)
1. Karin Cochran
2. Marg Tuer
3. Marian Thompson
4. Janet Ainslie
5. Helen Richards
6. Jane Stephenson
7. Trish Rees
8. Libby Burton
9. Luci McEachern
10. Tillie Lewis
6. NEW EXECUTIVE - Mary Kent introduced the new executive.
Past President - Mary Kent
New President - Wendy McLaughlin
Vice President - Tillie Lewis
Treasurer - Mary Hatch
Membership Secretary - Gail Williams
Recording Secretary - Kathy Blend
Points Secretary - Jennifer Thompson
7. HONERARIA - Mary Kent presented the honoraria to Lee Daugherty, Anne
Katz and Norma for their hard work.
8. Plants were presented to the following people for their contribution to
- Marg Ann Lougheed
- Mary Kent
- Barbara Seagram
- Anne Katz
- Roz Stollery
- Janet Macey
9. PRESIDENT'S REPORT - Mary Kent explained that our bridge group will move from Timothy Eaten Church to Trinity Presbyterian Church. The people at Timothy Eaton have been very good to us but we are a large group and parking has been an issue. Hopefully most members will be happy with the change. At this point we have only had one resignation and three persons taking a leave of absence. It was decided that each players must play ten bridge games during the year. The two past games can count towards next year's count. It was again mentioned that Kathy Crossgrove will help to provide a partner when necessary.
Mary thanked each outgoing member of the executive - Marg Ann Lougheed, Roslyn Stollery, Trish Rees, Janet Macey. Mary thanked Lee Daugherty, Barbara Seagram, Patti Lee, Alex and Kathy Crossgrove for their help.
10. NEW PRESIDENT - Mary Kent introduced Wendy McLaughlin as the new president. Wendy looks forward to her new roll and to working with her committee. In closing, she encouraged all members of Monday Club to use our new website -- www.bridgewebs.ca/mondayclub
As there was no further business the meeting was adjourned and lunch followed.