CELL PHONES OFF, PLEASE!!!!!
A reminder that seasonal/waitlist players are not eligible to play
after April 8th.
A very Happy Birthday to Donalda McGeachy.
This page has information and news of interest to the members. For a full list of forthcoming events, see "Calendar" on the menu and for a list of results see "Results".
MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF MONDAY DUPLICATE CLUB - June 12, 2017.
1. Mary Kent welcomed everyone to the 58th Annual Meeting of the Monday Duplicate Bridge Club.
2. MINUTES - Janet Macey moved that the minutes of the 2016 Annual Meeting be approved.
Seconded by Mary Britnell. Motion carried.
3. TREASURER'S REPORT - in Mary Hatch's absence Roz Stollery presented the Treasurer's Report. As of June 1, 2016, the opening balance was $13,359.54.Closing bank balance as of May 31, 2017 was $19,415.79. Therefore there isan operating gain of $6,056.25. Roslyn explained the deposits and expenses.
Roslyn moved that the Treasurer's Report be approved. Seconded by Kathy Crossgrove. Motion carried.
4. MEMBERSHIP SECRETARY REPORT - in Susan Behan's absence, Wendy McLaughlin read out the names of the new full time members.
5. POINTS SECRETARY - in Trish Rees' absence, the prize presentations were made by Marg Ann Lougheed and Roslyn Stollery.
MONDAY CLUB 50TH ANNIVERSARY TROPHY
1. Wendy Porritt & Tillie Lewis
2. Kathy Blend & Kathy Crossgrove
ALEENE McDADE TROPHY (FALL SERIES)
1. Janet Ainsley
2. Marg Tuer
MARGUERITE SOMERSAULT TROPHY (OPEN PAIRS)
1. Mary Greey & Mary Walker
2. Jean Hackett & Sarah Lafleur
BUNTY WILLIAMS TROPHY (CHAMPIONSHIP GAME)
1. Karin Cochran & Helen Richards
2. Joan Goldenberg & Trish Rees
KATE BUCKMAN TROPHY (LADIES PAIRS)
1. Judy Broadbent & Marg Tuer
2. Suzy Brenninkmeyer & Elinor McKergow
JEAN STEVENS TROPHY (WINTER SERIES)
1. Luci McEachern
2. Trish Rees
MARY BOSLEY TROPHY
1. Karin Cochran
2. Luci McEachern
MAURIE HOWARD TROPHY (SPRING SERIES)
1. Sarah Lafleur
2. Mary Britnell
BARBARA SEAGRAM TROPHY (OVERALL WINNERS)
1. Karin Cochran
2. Marg Tuer
3. Marian Thompson
4. Janet Ainslie
5. Helen Richards
6. Jane Stephenson
7. Trish Rees
8. Libby Burton
9. Luci McEachern
10. Tillie Lewis
6. NEW EXECUTIVE - Mary Kent introduced the new executive.
Past President - Mary Kent
New President - Wendy McLaughlin
Vice President - Tillie Lewis
Treasurer - Mary Hatch
Membership Secretary - Gail Williams
Recording Secretary - Kathy Blend
Points Secretary - Jennifer Thompson
7. HONERARIA - Mary Kent presented the honoraria to Lee Daugherty, Anne
Katz and Norma for their hard work.
8. Plants were presented to the following people for their contribution to
- Marg Ann Lougheed
- Mary Kent
- Barbara Seagram
- Anne Katz
- Roz Stollery
- Janet Macey
9. PRESIDENT'S REPORT - Mary Kent explained that our bridge group will move from Timothy Eaten Church to Trinity Presbyterian Church. The people at Timothy Eaton have been very good to us but we are a large group and parking has been an issue. Hopefully most members will be happy with the change. At this point we have only had one resignation and three persons taking a leave of absence. It was decided that each players must play ten bridge games during the year. The two past games can count towards next year's count. It was again mentioned that Kathy Crossgrove will help to provide a partner when necessary.
Mary thanked each outgoing member of the executive - Marg Ann Lougheed, Roslyn Stollery, Trish Rees, Janet Macey. Mary thanked Lee Daugherty, Barbara Seagram, Patti Lee, Alex and Kathy Crossgrove for their help.
10. NEW PRESIDENT - Mary Kent introduced Wendy McLaughlin as the new president. Wendy looks forward to her new roll and to working with her committee. In closing, she encouraged all members of Monday Club to use our new website -- www.bridgewebs.ca/mondayclub
As there was no further business the meeting was adjourned and lunch followed.