♠ ♥ ♦ ♣ ♠ ♥ ♦ ♣ ♠ ♥ ♦ ♣ ♠ ♥ ♦ ♣ ♠ ♥ ♦
The 2018 Duty List is now on the notice board.
Please sign up for locking/unlocking, directing and scoring.
Please sign up for a duty as the club survives with the
members doing their share of the duties.
Click on the Calendar menu item on the left hand side of this page. This will display forthcomning events. If, after the 'Date and Duplicate' the word 'Partner ?' appears, it means that someone is looking for a partner for that session. Click on 'Partner ?' and you will see who it is that requires a partner and you will be able to e-mail/phone them if you would like to partner them.
The Langham Bridge Club waiting list is again open. If you would like to join our club please contact our Secretary, Nola.
Secretary, Nola Bloor tel. 01206-303331
Completing the Traveller
UPDATE: June 2018
Recently there have been issues with completion of the travellers.
Note: Although it is North's responsibility to write, East has an equal responsibility to ensure that the information is correct.
Filling out Travellers is not rocket science but when they are not completed correctly it can cause major problems and anguish for the scorer. Please observe (and act upon) the following:-
1. At the start of the evening North is responsible for PRINTING the FULL names of BOTH the pairs playing the on their first table together with the pair numbers on the back of one of the Travellers.
East must check that this has been done correctly. (Put N/S at the top and E/W underneath).
2) North to write the correct board number on the traveller at the top right hand side, and again, East to ensure that this is correct.
3. During play it is North's responsibility to check that they have the correct opponents and correct boards as indicated on the movement card.
4. North is responsible for completing the Traveller after each board is played. Then East must then be shown the Traveller and it is East's responsibility to check that what has been entered is correct.
5. ALL players must pay attention to what they are being told before play begins and during the breaks in-between rounds.
The simple observance of the above will make life much easier for everyone especially the scorer.