NEXT LOCAL EVENTS
Sat 10th Aug 2019 County Cup
Entries to Mike Tomlinson Tel: 07391 468820 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lancashire has a bridge club in most of its major towns. Several clubs have a host system to ensure you can get a game. Contact details and club times are on the Clubs page though its sensible to check before attending a new club. Clubs with beginners and intermediate classes are also listed on the Clubs page. The website has details of forthcoming competitions and results. If your club is not affiliated you may become a direct member of the EBU. This entitles you to play in all Lancashire competitions, be eligible for Lancashire Teams, and attend all Lancashire Council Meetings
We welcome your comments about these pages - Enjoy your visit!
Pls contact the WebMaster email@example.com for any omissions, corrections for the site.
1. All players must be members of the EBU with first allegiance to Lancashire.
2. Teams to represent LCBA are selected annually for the Tollemache Cup, the President's Cup, and for matches in the Northern Bridge League and against Cumbria.
3. Teams will be picked by a Selection Committee, which will be elected at the December Council meeting.
4. The Selection Committee maintains a database of pairs who they consider of suitable standard to represent the County. Prospective players who believe they are not on the database and wish to be considered should make themselves known to the Chairman of Selectors.
5. Criteria employed in the selection of teams include established experience; involvement and performance in National, Regional LCBA County and Club events; and a desire to give pairs of sufficient ability the opportunity to represent the County.
6. A further requirement (laid down by Council) is that to qualify for Lancashire representative matches, players are normally expected to have demonstrated support for LCBA events over the recent 12-18 months.
7. Selection of the team to represent Lancashire in the Tollemache Cup will be based on picking the best available pairs.
B Alston C Mitchell / A Petrie
R Bentley P Hepworth
J Brearley R Shine
M Farr J Morrell
D Fazackerley D Hilton
D King M Nicholson
J Smith J Pye / A Petrie
M Tomlinson L Smith / K Ashcroft
S Woodcock S Clarke / N Woodcock
R Greenhalgh S Norris
D Williams C Croswell / B Loveridge
B Carr M Faye
S Challinor T Wilkinson /A Kirby
D Costich A Lum
J Dearing J Stanforth
P Evans A Whittam
D Hammonds P Worswick
B Loveridge N Sutcliffe
A Petrie V Petrie
J Wilkins A Wilkins
B Apfel L Hoy
Duncan Ault Diane Ault
J Ashworth C Ashworth
R Atkinson P Holden
Judy Brearley P Holden / H Dent
B Brelsford S Ellis
D Briggs D Akhurst
H Dent P Meadowcroft
I Edwards V Petrie
C Henderson B Henderson
Malcolm Fyne Madeleine Fyne
B Newall J Newall
B Perry L Wilson
W Sutherland S Whittam
B Winter H Winter