2016 Frank Doolin Trophy
The inaugural Frank Doolin league is a new individual competition that will take place over 5 Mondays during the course of 2016/2017 bridge year. On these nights bridge will take place as normal and prizes will be awarded as usual but there will be a number of additions.
- The top 4 pairs North/South and East/West in each section will be awarded points towards the Frank Doolin League. The winners in each section will be awarded 6 points, second 4 points, third 2 points and fourth 1 point.
- the cost of Bridge on these nights will be € for everyone.
Dates: 24th October 2016, 14th November 2016, 28th November 2016, 23rd January 2017 and 13th March 2017
The league is designed to encourage people to play with a variety of partners and enhance the social aspect of Knocklyon Bridge Club. It is also designed to giver everybody a chance to win regardless of level.
* each player should play with 5 different partners and their best 4 results will be counted towards the league
* players should find partners themselves
* for people who "play-up" from their normal section and finish in the top 4 that night, a bonus point will be awarded for each section higher than their usual level
* for people who play below their normal section and finish in the top 4 that night, 2 points will be deducted from their score for each section lower than their usual level
* prizes will be awarded based on the points total at the end of the 5 nights
* in the event that people are tied on points the highest average percentage from the scoring nights will decide who finishes higher
At this is the first year of the competition we would ask that everyone support the event with patience and understanding. Feedback is very welcome and we hope to build a competition that is enjoyable and gives a wide variety of players a good chance to win.
Results after week one are on the noticeboard and can also be obtained under 'useful links' on this website.