1. NAME: The name of the Club will be the HADLEIGH BRIDGE CLUB.
2. OBJECTS: The object of the Club shall be promote the interests of Bridge and to provide facilities and equipment for its members.
3. MEMBERSHIP: Membership shall be open to all bridge players and those wishing to learn the game.
Annual membership fee and table money to be regularly monitored by the committee and amended as decided at the Annual General Meeting.
All guests or visitors shall pay £1 in addition to the above table money.
4. MANAGEMENT: The management of the Club shall be vested in a committee who shall consist of the following officers who shall be elected by members at the AGM.
Up to six other members will make up a committee. Co-option throughout the year if necessary for a full committee.
All to retire annually but may offer themselves for re-election.
A quorum for a committee meeting shall consist of a minimum of half of the committee.
Committee meetings to be held as required but no less three times a year.
A quorum for the AGM shall consist of a minimum of one quarter of the membership.
The Club shall ensure that the appropriate insurance is in place.
5. GENERAL MEETINGS: An AGM of the Club shall be held each year on the first Monday in September.
Voting at the AGM shall be by a show of hands and if necessary the chairperson of the meeting shall have casting vote.
An Emergency General Meeting can be called if more than 50% of the membership requires it.
6. NOMINATIONS: Nominations for the posts of officers and committee shall be in writing and shall be signed by a proposer and seconder, both of whom shall be members of the Club, and also by the person nominated. Click here for a nomination form.
Nominations must reach the secretary no later than one week prior to the date fixed for the AGM.
If insufficient nominations have been received, the chairperson of the AGM may, at his discretion, accept nominations from the floor of the meeting.
7. FINANCE: The treasurer shall keep an account of all income and expenditure and shall submit accounts duly audited at the AGM.
The bank or building society account shall be in the name of the club and expenditure from that account shall be signed by two of the three officers.
All expenditure must be pre-approved by the committee.
8. WINDING-UP: In the event that the Club has to cease for whatever reason those remaining members shall vote at a special meeting on what to do with the equipment and any money left in the bank or building society account.
Date: May 2013