Membership - Member Registration
A "Members Only" feature is available that enables you to add information to the web site that is only accessible to members who are registered and logon and thus not available to the general public.
More details on the features can be found by clicking Features
The preferred and simpler method is to Pre-Register your members by entering or uploading a membership database. For backward compatibility the alternative method of allowing members to register themselves is still available:
- 1. Pre-Register Members (Preferred Method)
- 2. Allow Members to Register themselves (Provided for backward compatibility)
1. Pre-Register Members
- Go to [Web Administration]
- Go to the [Membership] Tab
- Update your members with at least Name and email.
- Use the [Add Member] button to manually add a member.
- Or the [Import/Export] Tab and create a list of Members offline, see Import/Export.
- Or use your scoring software and upload the player database to Bridgewebs, see Synchronization.
- For each member, Bridgewebs will assign a random password which a member can change later to one of their own.
- Let your members know that when they see the login screen they should enter their email and click [Set Password] to obtain their password.
- Two or more members can use the same email address,
See Set Member Password
2. Allow Members to Register Themselves
- Go to "Web Administration"
- Go to the [Settings] Tab
- Go to the [Passwords] Tab
- Enter a password - "Member Registration Code", including a-z and 0-9 only, minimum 6 characters (see below)
- Enter it again
- Click the [Save] button.
- Let your members know the "Member Registration code". The idea is that this "Member Registration Code" is circulated to the members by word of mouth and thus the general public cannot use this facility.
When a member clicks on a restricted page they will be taken to a login window with a login box and a register [button].
- If the member has not used this option before, they will need to Register. Assuming they have obtained the "Member Registration Code", they can click on [Register]. They register with their email, name, personal password and "Member Registration code".
- Subsequently, members will be able to login as in Option 1.
If you change the "Member Registration Code", then all registered members will still be able to continue using their own passwords, but new members will need the new "Member Registration Code". Changing this can be used effectively to stop anyone new registering if necessary, because if they do not know this they cannot register.