Welcome to the website of the Galway Bridge Congress.
The 80th Annual Galway Bridge Congress will take place in the Ardilaun Hotel from Friday, 30th March to Monday, 2nd April 2018.
Galway Congress recently celebrated its 80th Anniversary. Photos below mark the occasion.
All photos taken by Michael O'Connor
L-R Martin Kearney Mor Oil, Mary Howley Congress President, David Walsh Lapteck, Marcella Mitchell Congress Hon .Sec. Bernie Finan Congress Treasurer.
We thank our sponsors for their continued support and we ask you to support them. Click a logo below to visit the relevant website for contact details and more information.
Why not enjoy supper from 10:30pm followed by music from 11pm until 01:00am courtesy of the Guinness Jazz Band on Saturday (31st March 2018) night after the evening bridge session?
1. Entries for the major competitions close on THURSDAY, 29th March 2018.
Entries can be made as follows:
a) Directly via web site. Please use Entry Form in section below.
b) Marcella Mitchell, Congress Honorary Secretary:
Phone: +353 + (0)91 + 757986
2. All C.B.A.I. players in Major Competitions and Open Pairs must give C.B.A.I. reg. number on table slip
3. Regional Masters/Area Masters/Intermediate A&B/Novice must show proof of grade
4. No player can win more than one prize in the same competition
5. Perpetual Trophies must be returned to the Congress Hon. Secretary prior to start of the Congress
6. A Tournament and Play Committee will be appointed.
7. C.B.A.I. Penalty for SLOW PLAY will be enforced.
8. THE COMMITTEE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ALTER THE PROGRAMME AND PRIZES IF CIRCUMSTANCES WARRANT
Please complete the following form in respect of each Major Competiton in which you wish to compete.
For all Pairs Competitons please type your partner's name in the accompanying box.
For Team of Four Competitions please enter the names of the three additional team-members, using the same format of First Name and Surname in the accompanying box, separating each Surname with a comma (,)
Click the 'Send' button to submit your entry/entries.
You should receive an automated reply by return email confirming the details of your entry/entries.
If you do not receive an automated reply confirming your entry/entries OR if you have made a mistake with respect to any/all entries please send a follow-up email with an appropriate message in the Comments Box.
Click anywhere in this window to access a PDF (Portable Document Format) copy of the Official Galway Congress 2018 Programme.
The calendar below lists scheduled events.
Click the following link Calendar or the Calendar option from Main Menu on left-hand side of Home Page to view a full list of all scheduled events.
Click the link below to view overall results:
Congress Team of Four results
Restricted Teams Results
Swiss Pairs Results
Click the link below to view overall results
Congress Pairs - Overall Results
Click the link below to view results and hand records:
Congress Intermediate Pairs - Overall Results
Congress Pairs - 1st Session results
Intermediate Pairs - 1st Session results
Novice Pairs Results