The Deva Bridge Club provides many opportunities for players to learn to play bridge or to improve their game including beginners lessons, improvers lessons, supervised play sessions and gentle duplicate.
For more details click on Lessons and Practice Sessions in the menu.
You can also check the calendar to see dates and times. (Lessons and practice sessions are shown in green.)
For details of our programme of lessons, pairs sessions, teams league, supervised social play, gentle duplicate and rubber bridge click on information in the menu above this message.
Telephone: 01244 335514
Principal TD (Jean Stelfox)
Lessons (Mo Borley)
Hosting (Annie Mead)
Deva Teams League (Barbara Ginty)
For administrative matters contact:
Deva Bridge Club Ltd is a company limited by guarantee number 8645380 registered in England & Wales, registered office:
Deva Bridge Club
The club is affilated to the English Bridge Union and to Merseyside & Cheshire Bridge Association.
Many thanks to Philip Waring for this festive puzzle combining knowledge of bridge with cryptic crossword skills!
1. Top player in a storm roughly has extra energy. (7)
5. Our game missing a string gives mate. (5)
8. Current measure in diving bird with top newspaper man is treated like a dummy. (9)
9. Defeat contract as custard can. (3)
10. It's cold, it's no house we hear. (5)
12. An Ace, or White's maybe? (3 4)
13. Not able to follow the system, old rocks over young. (13)
15. Mac based problem solver! Capital. (7)
17. Looks like a hand from the hand that was rolling in the deep. That's her! (5)
19. Rod had a hand in this (3)
20. Out of the cloud, from Paris-Nord (9)
22. She's associated with a ruff. (5)
23. Poor players have a crown for ease of cooking? (7)
1. System that could accommodate a lot of cars when a story. (5)
2. Ms Giedroyc scrambled home for a squirrel perhaps. (3)
3. One away or minus 200 when at risk. (3 4)
4. One who might be interested in hobbies. (13)
5. Raise the price in the auction? (3 2)
6. Deal that's impossible, remains solid (9)
7. Rescue here was needed, could have been terminal. (7)
11. You get this in golf but not bridge, what the pub allows? (5 4)
13. Relative has a French King, though its by no means sure. (7)
14. Sounds like the two of us wander around. (7)
16. He solved puzzles containing dots. (5)
18. Some of the players in duplicate are animals losing their heads. (5)
21. Cyril was known for his odd ones? (3)
Stuck? Click here to see the solution.