DUE TO A CHANGE IN THE DATA PROTECTION LAWS THAT WILL BE COMING INTO FORCE IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS !THE W.B.U. NEED YOUR WRITTEN PERMISSION TO UPDATE THEIR RECORDS TO COMPLY WITH THESE NEW LAWS.I WILL BE GIVING EVERY MEMBER A FORM TO SIGN (see below) THAT WILL BE FORWARDED TO THE W.B.U.
CCBC Bridge Section
Colwyn Bay Bridge Club
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) The EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will apply from 25 May 2018, when it supersedes the UK Data Protection Act 1998. We must obtain your permission to record personal data about you.
In accordance with these guidelines, Colwyn Bay Bridge Club hereby advises you that:
• The personal information we collect, and record is limited to simple contact information (name, address, telephone and email) and your Welsh Bridge Union (WBU) membership number. The minimum data that is desired for membership registration is your WBU Number, your First and Last Names and the Area, District and Sector parts of your Home Postcode e.g. AN2 6
• We will collect your personal information purely for administrative purposes at the Club in connection with your membership of the Club and the WBU.
• You provide us with the information that you are happy for us to record upon registration for Club Membership each year (March-February) by filling/editing/deleting the data currently held on the Membership Receipt Slip.
• You will be registered with the WBU with the personal data that we hold for you for the sole purpose of their maintaining your Membership and MasterPoints records. Note: The WBU maintain a separate list for marketing and advertising purposes via “Mail Chimp” (see WBU Website) which you must register with personally.
• The information we collect is stored on a personal computer in a spreadsheet and distributed internally in hard copy (under “confidential” cover) as required. It is also stored securely in the player database of the scoring and results software/website applications used by the club.
• The information that we hold will not be passed to third parties outside of the club and the WBU (unless legally obliged to do so, e.g. by court order).
• You may request a printout of the information that we hold about you at any time by passing your request in writing to a committee member of the club. You can request that errors be corrected at any time or upon annual renewal.
• If you cease to be a member, your data will be removed from the records when it is no longer needed for administration purposes.
Please sign this Notice to confirm that you have read and understood the above, and that you agree to the club collecting and using the personal data that you choose to supply in this way.
WBU Number: Date: