Please remember to leave quietly
CICBA COUNTY COMPETITION RULES
Revised April 2012
Open Pairs – Final alternating between the districts at a date set by the County Tournament Secretary (TS).
Mixed Pairs – Final on first Friday of the Jersey Congress.
To qualify a pair must achieve a minimum score of 50%. If there is an insufficient number of pairs scoring 50% or more across the districts, to ensure a minimum five table final the TS shall have the discretion to apply the 60/40 rule. This means that pairs with less than 50% may be included, provided that their scores are in the top 60% of the total field. The TS will also decide, depending on the number of entries, how many pairs qualify from each district for the final. There may not be the same number of pairs but it should be broadly pro rata to the number of entries from each district/affiliated club.
Each affiliated club may hold a qualifying event for the Open Pairs but players may only compete in one qualifying event.
FINALS (NON-QUALIFYING EVENTS)ladies
Restricted Pairs – To be played simultaneously in the Islands with the results merged for Final result. A Player ranked below Regional Master may enter and play in both Lower and Unrestricted events. A player of the rank of Regional Master or above may not enter the Lower event.
Individual – To be played simultaneously in the Islands with the results merged for Final result.
1. Each district will hold a competition and the winners will play in the County Final.
2. The district competition will consist of two rounds, all teams playing each other and the teams with the top four cumulative scores will compete in a knockout competition. The team with the highest score will play the team with the lowest score and the other two teams will play each other, the winners contesting the district final.
3. A team may nominate up to six players from which any four may play in any of the rounds up to and including the district final.
4. No player may play in more than one team.
5. (a) Players in theCounty Final must have played in at least one previous round but see point 6.
(b) The County final will be in 6 stanzas of 8 boards unless both captains agree to a lower number of 40 or 32 boards.
(c) If the team has more than four players playing in the final, the captain may select his line up for each stanza of 8 boards as he wishes.
(d) The captain winning the toss may sit or place in odd or even stanzas as he chooses with the alternate rights going to the other captain.
(e) If the match is tied then a further 4 boards (Nos. 1 – 4) will be played with players remaining in their seats as last stanza. NB a team of more than 4 players is not allowed a change of player
6. A substitute for the County Final can only be introduced in extreme emergency and subject to the prior agreement of the TS and the captains of both teams. The substitute must not have played for any other team.
7. The date for the County Final is set by the TS and is published in each district’s annual programme. The date can only be changed by prior agreement of the TS and team captains and subject to one month’s prior notice by any party. The only exception to the notice period is if a team cannot travel due to bad weather, in which case theTS and team captains will agree a new date, which must give sufficient time for the winning team to enter the Pachabo competition.
All players must have a completed convention card, except for the Individual event.