Castleknock Bridge Club is a dynamic club with over 220 members many of whom joined the club in the last five years. In addition, the introduction of Bridgemates has changed our operations and so it is necessary to update our local rules. The following summary details the main rules that apply each night and should of course be read in conjunction with the Club’s constitution and rules of the CBAI.
1. Bridge is a game and players are reminded that they should treat all players including their partners in a civilised and friendly manner. Players are also reminded that your club is run by a committee of volunteers who are not paid for their services.
2. The Bridgemate operator with be the overall Tournament Director on the night (unless otherwise arranged.) They will provide support and assistance to the Tournament Director (TD) in each competition.
3. One member of each partnership should be seated at their table 15 minutes prior to the start time (7:30pm) in order to facilitate the organisation of the competitions.
4. All players are expected to put away their chairs after the game has finished.
5. East West are expected to put away the Tables, Table cloths and Bidding boxes when the game is finished. If they are not physically capable of same they should arrange for somebody else to do so.
6. Whilst all players have a responsibility to ensure that boards are returned to their respective pockets, South is expected to ensure that their cards are extracted and returned to the South pocket and so prevent any possible misboarding.
7. North will be responsible for operating the Bridgemate, entering information/scores and passing the Bridgemate to East/West for verification. North will also ensure that the other players at the table have an opportunity to review the results screen.
8. The TD in each competition ends each round by calling “East West move please” . When this call is made, players are prohibited from commencing a new board. If however the lead card has already been faced up then play may continue but the players are expected to quickly finish the board and forgo post-mortems etc., and are expected to speed up play during the next round
9. North will pass the boards backwards when the TD calls “East West move please”
10. North will also ensure that the boards and table numbers are returned to the TD and the Bridgemate returned to the Bridgemate Operator at end of night.
11. Fast players must wait for the TD ‘s call before moving or passing back boards.