Minutes of Brunton Committee Meeting held on Tuesday 14th July 2009 at 8.00 p.m.
Present: Liz Muir (Chairman), Mary Page (Secretary), Anne Caygill (Treasurer), Gill Gold, Simon Watson
Apologies: Patricia Graham
Minutes of Previous Meeting held on 15th March 2009
No minutes available but it had been discussed to change from ‘Level 4’ Conventions to ‘Level 3’ on Club nights. Committee has subsequently decided that ‘Level 4’ Conventions to remain unchanged.
Bridge Centre discussions on hold until further notice.
Secretary’s responsibilites outlined and agreed.
As several of the club’s trophies are in a poor state of repair, the following changes are to be made:
1) Marathon Pairs and Marathon Individual Cups will be scrapped. Winners to receive £5 book token or can nominate £5 to a charity of their choice.
2) £5 book token to be awarded to winners of Hurst Rose Bowl, Golding Salver, Steve Ray Cups, Manny Silver Trophy, Captains Cup, Gerald Baker Quaich and Ian Spoors Quaich. Whilst Cups will not be scrapped they will no longer be engraved annually.
3) Golding Salver competition rules to be changed from 1st January 2010 from top three places to first place only.
4) Marathon Pairs/Marathon Individual Competitions will run from April to December 2009 but thereafter from January to December 2010.
All Club competitions to be played by end of May 2010 and presentation of trophies moved to 7.6.2010. Calendar 2009-2010 will be emailed to all members once finalised NEBA programme received.
Incident Book to be reviewed at every committee meeting and action taken if deemed necessary.
- EBU Questionnaire with regard to Pay to Play completed and returned.
- Website will continue to be updated by Ray Green.
- Mary Page new NEBA Council Representative.
Agreed we will require 3 licences when Play to Play comes into effect April 2010. One licence is free and to discuss with EBU reduced cost for additional licences.
1) Stella Findlay has requested if her mini-bridge students could attend Brunton on a club night to see for themselves how the game is played. Agreed in principle, details still to be formalised.
2) Agreed to replace all faulty bridge tables and purchase new bridge cloths in October 2009 when club returns to St. Aidain’s.
13 October 2009.