For suggestions and improvements,
Use the "Tell Us What You Think!" bar above.
Or see President, Frank Galloway Jr.,
or our club manager, Robert Whiting
or our webmaster, Clay Hall.
Please remember that many of our players are “scensitive” to strong fragrances. BDBC is officially a “No Fragrance” facility, so resolve to abstain from wearing fragrance when you play bridge. Thank you.
The Monday beginner game will meet early again (at 9:00) on 11/19. Early results were favorable, but the directors want to test traffic on a nonholiday Monday. The game starts with a lesson at 9:00 and the actual game begins at 9:15
The Wednesday NLM (0-499) game will be held on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. We will post a sign- up sheet for those open players that are planning to play on Wednesday. We will decide by Tuesday whether we will offer the Wednesday game this week. The games will not be combined.
We are going to start soliciting 2019 membership renewals next week. Annual dues are $24, preferably payable by check. Members should either give their completed membership form and check to the game director or deposit them in the blue collection box in the side hallway.
Saturday December 8th will be our annual Holiday Party with two sessions of bridge games.
Social Time 9 a.m
Game times 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m
Unit Championship $7 card fee members
Game Sections: Open, 999er, 199er
Lunch between games - free for members,
for guests $10.00
1) If you are physically challenged, plan to arrive AT LEAST 20 minutes early.
2) Carpool, have lunch before the game, or meet your partner elsewhere and drive one car to the club.
3) NO PARKING AT THE CREDIT UNION. We have been warned that future violators will have their cars towed.
4) Additional parking options:
- on the street (only on our side of the street) but no parking south of our property (towards Valleydale) and not in front of the drain at the north end of our property
- at Vision Security Technologies across the street but only in the parking spaces adjacent to the street (approximately 5) and not at the front or side of the building
- at Chappell Accounting across the street, REVISED RULES, in the parking spaces, parallel on the side of the building, and parking spaces in the back of the building but not in front of the building(by building OR facing street).
- in the lot at the top of the hill where the Montessori school was previously located (often used during tournaments)
PLEASE abide by these guidelines and do not park elsewhere as we strive to be a good and courteous neighbor.
Save the Date/Upcoming Events
11/29 6:30 PM 8 is Enough Team Game
12/08 Holiday Party at Club 9:30am and 1:30pm
Looking ahead even further to our upcoming tournaments through 2019
February 14-17, 2019 Sectional at our club (SILVER points)
March 29-30, 2019 NLM (SILVER points)
June 27-30, 2019 Sectional at our club (SILVER points)
Aug. 16-17, 2019 NLM (SILVER points)
Nov. 7-10, 2019 Sectional at our club (SILVER points)
It’s never too early to start planning on playing in our tournaments. Put them on your calendar, schedule events and trips around them, and line up your partners for a fun and successful time.
Players should not speak so often or so loudly.
We have done much to curb noise from players, so the only way to solve the problem is with the cooperation of our players. Please speak as little, and as softly, as possible. Without voluntary compliance we may have to consider corrective measure similar to those imposed for the ringing of cell phones.
A quiet atmosphere will make for more enjoyable games for everyone.
We need YOU as a host at your favorite game. All games are in need of hosts, and the respective directors would appreciate having you on the host schedule. Check with the directors of the games in which you are interested in hosting, and let them know you want to volunteer. (Game hosts need to arrive a little earlier and be prepared to play with a person they have not met or played with before. Hosts are allowed a free play, and in the event a host is not needed that day the free game may be applied later.)
Please arrive 15 minutes before game time to allow our directors enough time to effectively plan the layout so that we may begin playing at the scheduled hour. (If we begin on time, then we can finish in a timely manner.) Thank you!