Beauchief Bridge Club Practical Details
Regular Club Bridge Sessions
Monday Evenings 7pm start
Thursday Evenings 7pm start
Please try to arrive by 6.50pm
Visitors are always welcome. Please see the calendar for details of our host provision if you need a partner.
Annual Membership Fee £15 (due in January)
Table Money (Members) £4.00
Table Money (Visitors) £5.00
Location and Facilities
Club sessions are held at the Double Tree by Hilton Sheffield Park Hotel, Chesterfield Road South S8 8BW
There is a fully licensed bar within the main hotel foyer, serving hot and cold drinks, alcoholic drinks and snacks. Iced water is provided free of charge in the playing area.
Smoking is not permitted in the playing area and members must abide by the Hotel's smoking restrictions
Ample off street parking is available in the hotel grounds.
Local League Matches
Club Members wishing to play a local League Match on a Club evening are welcome to do so. Please contact our Secretary, Stan Haywood, to arrange this.
- The Club Officials' aim is that Bridge is played in a friendly manner and that Members treat the premises used by Beauchief Bridge Club with respect and staff at the premises with courtesy
- Members attending Bridge sessions organised by Beauchief Bridge Club are expected to be polite, smartly dressed and clean.
- It is expected that Members should play N/S and E/W equally. [Please note: we attempt to make suitable arrangements for Members with special needs, including arranging a sitting seat for the duration of the club duplicate session.]
- A host (Member attending without a partner, available to play with any player as requested by the Director for the evening) system is operated. [Please note: All Members are asked to co-operate by being the host (standby) at least once in each membership year.]
- Rules of play are to the Laws of Duplicate Bridge and the English Bridge Union Handbook of Directives and Permitted Conventions
- The Club Officials reserve the right to rescind or refuse membership and/or continued attendance if they judge it to be in the interests of Beauchief Bridge Club