Aurora Bridge Club is now located in Newmarket, Ontario:
406 Millard Ave., NVA Building
Newmarket, Ontario, L3Y 1Z9
The Aurora Bridge Club will increase its membership and the quality of bridge for its players while providing a welcoming atmosphere. We will embrace ongoing teaching and the implementation of new technologies.
The Aurora Bridge Club is a not-for-profit member of the American Contract Bridge League (ACBL). The club commitment is to provide a respectful, friendly and hospitable atmosphere where players can enjoy the game of duplicate bridge regardless of their level of expertise.
The Aurora Bridge Club : Respects the game of duplicate bridge and is responsible for abiding by ACBL regulations including the Zero Tolerance Policy. We value and respect our members, upholding the rights of fairness and equality for all.
● Provides learning experiences for novice and intermediate players by offering classes, seminars and novice games structured to build skills and confidence as a means to encourage its' members to move into the open game.
● Will provide special ACBL sanctioned games at the club level to enable its' members to compete for silver and gold points.
● Recognizes and supports community values by holding special charity games throughout the year. Proceeds of the first charity game each year are donated to the charity designated by the Canadian Bridge Federation and proceeds of subsequent charity games are donated within the local community as determined by the membership.
● Encourages all members to participate in the club's administration, organization and social activities on a volunteer basis.
● Will provide accountability to the membership by holding an annual general meeting and posted executive meetings which are open to any member.
● Will provide ongoing communication to its' members through the web site, via the bulletin board, by holding general meetings when required and through verbal announcements.