SAULT INTERNATIONAL UNIT 212
MINUTES OF GENERAL MEETING
PRESENT: Vice President Dave Myers, Secretary Marilyn Patterson, Bruce Richmond, Judy Penno, Doug Souliere, Ted Martin, Gunnar Kristiansen, David Riddick, Bill Nash
REGRETS: President John Robertson, Treasurer Marabeth
Sharp, Gloria Orr, Dave
GUEST: Brian Greenway (Elliot Lake)
1. Vice President Dave Myers called the meeting to order at 11:00 A.M.
2. Minutes of the Thursday, January 16, 2014 Meeting were distributed by computer previously, and also available. Motion by Judy Penno and seconded by Bruce Richmond to accept as distributed. Carried.
3. Treasurer’s Report: Marabeth Sharp: Report up to April 30, 2014 was distributed and
will be filed with these minutes
Summary : TOURNAMENT account has $6,200.70
:Investment TA-03-06-2015 @ .8% $ 7,813.02
:Investment 14/14 @ .8 % $4,932.58
: US Bank account $123.64
: CHEQUING Bank Account $6,571.51
: PETTY CASH $100.00
: total cash $12,795.85
TOTAL ASSETS: $ 25,541.45
TOTAL REVENUE: $583.11
TOTAL EXPENSES: $2775.49
NET INCOME: $307.62
Motion by Doug Souliere and seconded by Bruce Richmond
to accept treasurer’s report was carried.
A bill for $22.54 was questioned and Marabeth will be asked the origin of this bill.
Ted and Doug will waive their travelling reimbursement as they are here for the tournament.
4. Motion by Doug Souliere and Dave Myers to accept the resignations of Gunnar Kristiansen and David Chiasson from the Tournament Committee with regret. Much thanks for all the excellent tournaments they have produced in the last nine years was expressed. Both Gunnar and Dave will assist the incumbents for the next year or so. A committee will be formed by Bruce Richmond, Art Pezzutto, Gunnar Kristiansen and John Robertson to develop a short list of members willing to fill this vacancy.
INFORMATION: John Robertson has resigned and also David Myers has resigned as first vice and the ethics committee. Motion by Bruce Richmond and seconded by Gunnar Kristiansen that a committee be formed with one member from Elliot Lake, Judy Penno, Bruce Richmond and David Riddick to appoint people to come on to the Unit Board. Carried.
Ted Martin stated we have struggled and is there a need to have a club and unit executive? Legally there must be a club and a unit executive. Dave Riddick reminded us that in the constitution the Unit President is elected by the board from the members on the board.
5. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
ELLIOT LAKE: Doug Souliere and Ted Martin
- They are encouraging new members as much as possible
- During the summer, Ted uses Monday night and Wednesday for games; Fri. afternoons are for teaching
- They are guaranteeing a partner
Next Regional Tournament is scheduelled for July 21 – 26, 2015 at the Seniors’ building. This is to avoid other tournaments in our area, and the National Tournament in Toronto August 6 – 16, 2015.
MEMBERSHIP: Dave Riddick: We have 137 members
COMPUTER: Dave Riddick: nothing to report
CLUB: Bill Nash: The club has up dated their constitution
7. NEW BUSINESS:
A. The Sectional is being held at the Seniors Centre May 2, 3 and 4, 2014.
8. Adjournment: Motion by Bruce Richmond.
The meeting closed at 11:50 A.M.
NEXT MEETING: Thursday, October 2, 2014 at 6:00 P.M.
Marilyn Patterson Secretary